WeAreTheCity India recently announced that it is launching a new Awards Recognition Programme to highlight the achievements of the female talent pipeline across India.
WeAreTheCity hopes to encourage organisations and business leaders to invest in and recognise women as leaders of tomorrow and individual contributors within their respective industries. Recognising that careers for women may follow different timescales, the Top 50 Rising Star India awards will not have any age restrictions included within the criteria.
Through the Rising Star Awards, WeAreTheCity hope that we can help to ensure that female talent is recognised, regardless of age and background, and that those individuals receive the necessary support and skills to transition into key decision-making roles within our organisations.
If you know an amazing woman who is operating below a senior/middle management level who deserves recognition, then please consider nominating her for WeAreTheCity’s Rising Star awards. You can nominate between 01 August and 31 August.
We would like to receive Rising Star nominations from the following industries and professions:
|Banking||Health & Wellbeing||Media & Journalism|
|Insurance||Entrepreneurial / Small Business Owners||Sport|
|Technology||Charity / NGO||Sales, Marketing & Public Relations|
|Hospitality||Public Sector||HR, Recruitment & Diversity|
|Arts & Culture||Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant||Education & Academia|
We are also calling for nominations for our Rising Star Champions. This category recognises the efforts of senior leaders who are actively supporting the female pipeline. This award is open to both male and females who currently hold senior positions within their organisations and who have demonstrated their support for gender either internally or externally. Do you know a senior individual who is going above and beyond to champion women? If so, please consider nominating them for our Rising Star Champion awards.
In order to prepare your nomination, please read the following guidance.
Criteria for Entries
- Open to all women regardless of age
- Nominees must be below senior/middle management
- Nominees must be working in India and be an Indian national
- Anyone can nominate a woman for an award – managers, employees, family members, friends
- Individuals can nominate themselves
How we Define a Rising Star
- Someone who is making a difference in their industry
- Someone who strives to achieve success and results
- Someone who demonstrates passion and drive
- Someone who gives back or inspires others
- Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
- Someone who is a champion of women in their business or sector
- 01 Aug: Nominations open
- 31 Aug: Nominations close
- 26 Sep: Top 100 shortlist announced and public voting opens for all shortlisted nominees
- 14 Oct: Public voting closes for all shortlisted nominees
- 24 Oct: Top 50 Rising Stars announced
- 09 Nov: Top 50 Rising Star reception and awards ceremony for winners, guests and sponsors
Rising Stars in the UK
WeAreTheCity launched Rising Stars in the UK in 2015 and since then has recognised the achievements of 150 women. The first awards in 2015 awarded 50 women from 10 different industries as Rising Stars. In 2016, due to the success of the 2015 awards, Rising Stars was expanded to recognise 100 women from 20 industry sectors.
The social media interest in Rising Stars for the 2016 awards has been phenomenal:
- 5,000 tweets received during the process
- Our campaign twitter handle #watctop100 trended number one during the UK short list event
- 850 nominations received
- 110 countries reached
- 28,000 votes received during the public vote
- You can watch our UK winner’s event here
To see profiles and images of our 2016 Rising Star Awards, click here.