Here are a few ideas for small changes that can make a big difference in your health for 2015.
- Eat at least two servings of vegetables before 3pm each day. 5 servings in a day
- Eat fish at least once every week. For vegetarians you can eat flaxseeds, chia seeds, soya beans, sea vegetables, other seeds like sunflower, poppy, sesame etc. and almonds and walnuts to up your omega three levels
- Make the TV room a “no food zone”
- Increase fiber in your diet
- Eat home-cooked food. Avoid eating out, if you must then make wise choices
- When hungry snack on fruits, nuts, kurmura, or unbuttered popcorn
- Eat a rainbow: have a variety of different coloured fruits and vegetables
- Use 3 tsp of oil every day
- Most importantly along with diet do your exercise. Exercise at least five times in a week
- Start a new diet plan slowly but consistently. Avoid labelling any foods as “bad”. Eat a variety but in moderation and include more of the nutritionally dense foods
- Week 1: Improve your hydration through your daily water intake. Try to consume at least two litres per day
- Week 2: Add in one extra vegetable a day until you are eating five servings of vegetables every day
- Week 3: Include one serving of lean protein at every meal
- Week 4: Limit starches and sweets (simple carbohydrates)
Fresh HOPES, Fresh PLANS, Fresh EFFORTS, Fresh FEELINGS, Fresh COMMITMENT.
Welcome 2015 with a fresh ATTITUDE!