When I was growing up, if I ever had a skin problem, my mother would always tell me to spray some rose water on my face. It’s something that I have grown up with. It’s a natural miracle product! It works like a cleanse, toner, astringent and moisturiser. Rose water is filled with anti-oxidants and various vitamins therefore it helps prevent the signs of ageing and nourishes the skin.
Rose water also has natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is something that I now use at least twice a day. It is included in my morning and evening cleansing routine.
Below are a few benefits of the fabulous rose water!
- I Start my day with a spray of rosewater. It gives me instant freshness and uplifts my mood instantly
- Rose water is a very good cleanser; it removes traces of make-up. I use some rose water in a cotton ball after I use my cleanser to double cleanse my face before I sleep
- Rose water also works as a great toner. You can mix some mint juice in case your skin is acne prone and apply the mixture as a night time routine. Camphor mixed with rose water helps people with oily skin
- Rose water used instead of regular water in a face mask works wonders. Below are a few face masks that are home-made which I recommend:
- Lemon juice, sandalwood powder and rose water – this mixture should be applied for 10 minutes and then wash with cold water. This helps deep cleanse the skin and also helps cure pimples
- Curd, cucumber juice, sandal wood powder and rose water – this face mask helps reduce blemishes, helps pigmentation and lightens skin tone.
- Tomato juice and rose water – this helps treat sun burn and sun tan
- Sandal wood, glycerin and rose water – this is a great anti-ageing face mask
- Glycerin and rose water – makes a great moisturiser
- Beet root juice and rose water – makes a great lip stain
- Use rose water on your eyes to help reduce puffiness and dark circles
- Though rose water is a wonderful skin care product, it is equally miraculous when used in Aromatherapy as it is a great mood enhancer. It can be used to reduce stress, lessen anxiety and promotes emotional wellbeing.
So all you lovely ladies, indulge yourself in this mesmerising aroma of rose water and improve your skin texture.
Click here to read Gunjan’s other benefits of Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth